Friday, December 1, 2006

The First Fill


First Fill
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy.

I was VERY happy with the way the first fill went. The hose was on for 8.5 hours... I would have left it on probably another hour or so longer, but my bed was calling.

I didn't notice any movement or buckling in the side boards (2x10's), and the liner stayed put. I'll have to trim it down sometime next week after the boards are up....

The next afternoon, I used a cordless drill with a 3/4" spade bit in conjunction with a tape measure to find out I had 2 1/4"'s of ice after one night!

The night of my first fill the high was -8C, and overnight dropped down to -17C. The next couple days have run about the same - with no snow to hamper the freezing process.

As of Thursday night, the ice had increased to approx 4" in thickness.

Once the sheet of ice is completely frozen, I'll be able to walk on it. Then I'll apply the lines and install the boards... possibly this SATURDAY!

Current Temp: -9C (Day), -15C (Night)

No comments: