Tuesday, December 5, 2006

A Day off...

Inspected the ice today - it was nice and solid. The water covered and froze over the line/center ice logo perfectly. Shazaam!

I'm still not happy with the ice ridge that was formed during the first snow fall though. The rink hadn't completely froze, and the weight of the snow pushed down on the ice - forcing water up along the edges. This created slushy areas, which I failed to shovel off...

Apparently other Rink Rats are suggesting using hot water on my next flood - which I'm going to try Wednesday night (since I have nothing else planned). I'll have to pick up a faucet adaptor so I can hook up my hose to it - which I'll do tomorrow morning.

So, wish me lucky Wednesday. I'll update on Thursday!

Current Temp: -11C (Overnight: -14C)

No comments: