Monday, December 4, 2006

One side done...


One side done...
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy.

2 1/2 hrs of work and I've got the end boards up on one end... It wasn't an exact science, but everything pieced together just about right - with a little tweaking here and there.

The end boards are made up of 3/4" plywood framed with 1x3" spruce. I used the layout described by RINKRAKE for the boards... and they worked pretty well!



End boards
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy.


I then cut 1x3"s to length, used a 3/4" spade bit to put a hole at one end, then braced those up against the end boards. I picked up 2' lengths of rebar at Home Depot for $1.47 each - those I drove through the holes in the 1x3 to stake them into place.


I also put the Habs logo at center ice today, and tried out using red party streamers for the redline. I filled a misting bottle with hot water, then sprayed the ice down before I placed the streamer. The line was straight enough at first... But as it got longer, the wind picked up and played havoc with the 2nd half. This was definately a 2 man job. I finally got it down and sprayed, but its not exactly straight. Live and learn - the blue lines will be better. I'm curious to see how the lines/logo stand up to the flooding tonight...

Current Temp: -8C (-19C overnight)




Center Ice
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy.


No comments: