Sunday, December 3, 2006

First Skate!


Her First Skate
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy.
Yay!

This morning, after another cold night, my daughter insisted we get out there and shovel the inch of snow off the rink and see how it was... After the amount of slush that was along one side last night, I was a little disheartened - but I knew it had to be done. So out we went, and started shovelling.

First thing I noticed was that my shovel was WAY too small. Something had to be done.

Off to Canadian Tire! Yay! :)

There I found a 3' wide "Ice Rink" shovel - it has the handle shaped like a big "U".

Head back home, and the shovelling went without a hitch. There is some slush/ice build up on the one side, and a bit bumpy on the other - but I'm confident that with tonights cold, clear weather... I'll be able to do my first flood, and even everything out.

The ice easily held my weight, with no cracking or uneasy sounds. Good thing. :)

My daughter INSISTED she skate when we were all done., which wasn't a problem - just stay away from the one side where its bumpy.


First Skate
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy.
So out the skates came (and the camera of course), and away she went... It wasn't too long before she asked for her hockey stick and some pucks...

From there, Daddy of course had to bring up the net from downstairs.

2 hours later, we're hot and sweaty and inside after a fun little skate. :)

I trimmed the liner today as well... if the flood goes well tonight, I'll be putting up the end boards tomorrow.

Pray for cold!

Current Temp: -11C (-17C overnight)

No comments: