Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Liner


The Liner
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy.

The liner is in!

It actually didn't take as long to lay out as I thought.... With the help of 3 trusty helpers we were able to get it down in less than an hour.





Staples!
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy.

On the far end and left side of the rink (as per the picture), I pulled the liner over the boards and stapled the liner to the outside of the frame using a small piece cardboard to add some strength.





The tarp is 60x40, while my rink is only 48x22... So we rolled up the tarp on the other two ends. I didn't fasten these sides yet - I wanted to get water into the area and still have some room to let some tarp go back inside. The last thing I wanted to happen was have the weight of the water rip the tarp off of the boards - and end up flooding my yard...

So far, so good.

I turned the tap on at about 1:15pm... we'll see how long this takes.

Oh, and as the weight of the water pushed the tarp down, I *did* have to unroll some of the unsecured tarp back into the rink...

No comments: