Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Frame is done!

All done!

There it is! The frame is all done... Took about 4 hours to do, once everything was said and done. My costs fell pretty much exactly where I thought. I did buy two more 2x10x12's just in case... I didn't need them, so I'm going to turn them into benches to put in the warming shed.

After much humming and hawing, I made up my mind and decided to go with the angled corners, much like one would find at a city run outdoor rink. It was a bit more work for sure, but I'm pretty happy with the result. I used an angled mounting bracket to secure the 2x10's, then put a peice of strapping on the rear side... Then I pounded in 2, 2x4 stakes (they're almost 18"'s into the ground) on each angle.... And screwed the stakes into the 2x10's.

The Corners

This is my biggest conern - that my corners won't be strong enough, and that they could end up bursting open once the pressure of the water is applied. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Big thanks to one of my best friends Jeff, and my neighbour Tony who helped me get this phase of the project done! Seemed like they enjoyed themselves as well - it was a fun project to do today - and the +10C temperature didn't hurt.

Is Kev doing any work?

No comments: