Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And so it begins anew...


Rink Rats 2008
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy

Monday afternoon I held a rink raisin' party with my buddies from work. The day was overcast and cool, but turned out to be perfect buildin' weather.

The weather has been unseasonably warm up here lately, but I'm hoping within the next couple weeks I'll be able to put the liner down and fill it in the hopes of skating before Christmas :)

This year, I decided to put up the boards at the same time as the base 2x10's. It was definately a multi-person job. Some of the boards had warped a little bit over the summer, but overall it went together with little problem.

We seemed to be missing a few braces here and there, so some new ones were quickly produced.

Lookin' good... better than the weather forecast anyways!Rink Rats 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking up photos of my daughter on flickr, but upon typing in the search box -tbwha- all that comes up is all of your photos.
I see you, just like myself are a proud parent of a daughter in TBWHA.
My daughter is now playing for the OHA in Cornwall, ON. but had a great experience with the Thunder Bay organization. Good luck to your daughter with the new season upon her and to you, for what looks like a great back yard rink.

The Big Guy said...

Thanks much for your comments. Kind of sad that there aren't more TBWHA pictures on the web....

Great way to promote the game here in town!

Congrats on your daughter! Not sure how far Hannah will go, but as long as she enjoys the game, I'll be supporting her :)

Kevin