Friday, December 26, 2008

Rain.


Yes, it's raining in Thunder Bay. December 26th, 2008. It's raining, and +5C.

Had I known that, I would have shovelled the rink today... But I didn't, I slept before my midnight shift instead. Hopefully it's just a sprinkel tonight, and I can get at it tomorrow afternoon after I get up... Or maybe early this morning if I have any energy left.

Scooter asked how the side boards are holding up: VERY well indeed! I didn't put any bracing behind them this year - I simply screwed them down to the frame, and then screwed in 1' pieces of 2x4 between every panel - holding them together. They were quite sturdy before - and now they're rock solid due to the reinforcement of snow behind it. :)


Hopefully I can shovel and do a flood to get the ice back up to skateable level this week :)

Merry Boxing Day!

K

No comments: