Monday, February 4, 2008

Winter and Work - no co-operation

Well, between working 60+ hrs a week, and winter that is raining one day - and -45C the next... it has not been a great month for skating. It's a sad fact that Hannah hasn't skated once on the rink yet, and Parker only a couple of times. I'm working 12 days in a row, then I'm off for 4 days. I think I'm going to get the rink in skatable condition again, and try and put up the boards.

Of course, the problem with that is that the ground is now pretty much frozen solid. I'm not sure how I'd secure the support beams to the ground (I used rebar stakes last year).

Bah. The only consolation (as little as it is), is that it has been a bad year everywhere from what I can tell for rink builders... Good ole mother nature just isn't cooperating...

*sigh*

1 comment:

Scott said...

Kev,

Same weather frustrations here. This was more fun last year! But, there is always next year. Shutting down here in MA. :(