Monday, December 31, 2007

Something that resembles ice...


Boot Hockey
Originally uploaded by Big Swede Guy


As you may have noticed (Thanks Steve!), I haven't had a chance to update much over the past month. Life, in all its frantic, hectic, turbulant joy left me with little to no time to work on the rink as I would have liked...

The initial fill went off smoothly, although by myself it took 45 minutes to lay out the liner properly...

Not long after the big fill was complete, we received a heck of a snow fall, followed by rain, sleet, hail and more rain. It was a disaster... And all of this while I was out of town for a week and a half before Xmas on training.

So finally.... FINALLY, I had enough time this past day off to shovel off some of the piles of ice crystals/snow that had settled and formed on the rink. My biceps, back and shoulders would testify to the time spent doing this... Ouch.

2007-2008 Fill

After I had removed the majority of the shards, I hooked up the kitchen tap to the hose (after making multiple trips to Canadian Tire to acquire the right size of hose/faucet attachment) and let the hot water flow!

2007-2008 Fill

The next day, the rink was still in subpar shape (by my standards) to skate, so the kids and I (and Tony, the neighbour) spent a couple of hours playing some boot hockey...

And just before we went out to watch a hockey game last night I did another hot flood... I'm thinking 3 or 4 more hot floods and the majority of the bumps/ridges should all be one, and we should be skating on glass ice once again *knock on wood*

No comments: