Friday, March 9, 2007

Nearing seasons end?

It's always hard to tell up here when Spring has truely arrived.

In the next few days, it's going to be mostly above freezing... Forecast is as high as 11C next Tuesday. For me, that's shorts weather.

In preparation for this thaw, I shovelled off the rink yesterday. 2" of snow may not seem like much, but when it accumulates over the size of your rink... it adds up. My neighbour joined me near the end of my ice clearing to lend a hand, so that was nice.

Why am I shovelling? SHouldn't I just pack it in? Well, following the 11C day - the chinook will pass us and it looks like we'll be back in -10C for a few days after that. So I guess we'll just wait and see what Mother Nature brings us.

When the thaw does come, I've got a few things on my list to accomplish.

o Mark boards so I know where they go next year
o Paint back of boards with wood preservatives to prolong their life
o Repaint the front of the boards white - with a 10" strip of yellow along the bottom
o Finish the netting for the back boards


I'm not looking forward to the deconstruction and transportation of the rink/boards to my dads property, about 40 minutes east of town. But it beats storing the stuff in my yard. Besides, I have to make room to build our full size soccer net for Hannah! :)

Current Temp: -3C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you need any help, i'm your girl. :D