Saturday, January 6, 2007

A Week goes by...

and what a week it was. I think it included two rain storms, a snow storm and mostly temperatures at or above freezing.

That being said, I DO still have ice, but I've lost a fair amount along one side... And it's as bumpy as a curling rink again. I did throw a thin coat of water on it last night (only -3C overnight) to try and get it a bit slippery again - I'm having a boot hockey game Sunday with the guys/gals... so hopefully it'll be adequate.

Although temperatures have been above normal this year, starting next week it looks like we're dipping back down to the lovely range of -10C to -20C for a week or two! YAY! *claps hands, jumps up and down with glee!*

I also picked up the wood and supplies to put up the boards on the far end... Jay and I cut and framed those 4 board sections, and I'm looking to finish them with help from Jeff and have them up on Sunday.

Oh, and we did skate a few times over the last week, so all was not lost.


Current temp: -3C (-1C today)

No comments: